The WGU Student Portal Login WGU Student Portal website at https://my.wgu.edu
WGU Student Portal
The Western Governors University was founded in 1997 by 19 governors of the United States and is located in Salt Lake City. In 1995, the Western Governors Association held a meeting aimed at developing strategies to use the internet for educational purposes. During the meeting, the idea to start a university that exploits an online model was suggested by the then governor, Mike Levitt. In 1996, the western governors contributed $100,000 to enable the launching of the proposed university. WGU was launched in 1997 after 13 of the governors signed articles of incorporation. Even though the government fully funded the starting of WGU, the university is a self-sustained non-profit institution. The school is governed by various state governors and a board of trustees. Leaders of private companies and foundations make up the school’s advisory board.
WGU Student Portal Login
- Visit the official website https://my.wgu.edu portal
- Enter your username and password obtained from the account creation process
- Click on ‘Sign in’
- You are now able to access the resources on the student’s portal.
WGU has been reviewed and given accreditation status by six different regional accreditors in its various colleges. These accreditors include:
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCN
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
The university has various colleges through which it offers programs for bachelor’s and master’s students. These colleges include:
- College of Information Technology
- College of Health Professions
- Teachers College
- College of Business
WGU Student Portal
WGU offers an online platform for individuals to acquire higher education. Since it provides all its services online, the university does not have a physical location. All of its activities are conducted through the school’s web portal. The portal enables students to access learning resources for their respective programs. Through the portal, students are also able to receive communication from the university’s administration and faculty members. Each student must create an account through the portal to access online resources. The requirements for account creation include:
- Application PIN, which is a 6-digit number allocate to students after filling the application forms.
- Clearance of application fee, a non-refundable $65
WGU Student Portal Account creation process
To create an account at wgu portal:
- Go to the WGU official website https://my.wgu.edu/ portal.
- Click on ‘Create an Account’
- You will be redirected to another page where you will be required to give your first and last name and your application PIN
- Click on ‘Next’
- Fill in the required personal details
- This process helps you to generate a username and password
- Your account is now ready
Resources found in the WGU portal
The following are ways in which students utilize the WGU portal:
- Access financial aid
- Take orientation programs
- Make tuition payments
- Access e-learning resources
- Communicate with tutors
- Get support services
- Get access to the university’s announcements
- Join various clubs formed by the school to enrich individual learning and self-improvement, for instance, the Cyber Security Club.
- The portal also gives useful information on how the students can fully exploit e-learning resources.